Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Green Drink...mutated

The Green Drink...packed with tons of nutrients!!!



 
I'm not going to lie and say that this is delicious!  I tasted it before I gave it to my husband.  It's not terrible but it's not deicious by any means.  It's packed with nutrients, though!!!  My husband has wanted me to start juicing for him and we've debated over usuing a real juicer vs our Vitamix (which I love).  I've read that the Vitamix is better because you get all of the fiber from the skins and pulp instead of discarding that part of the fruit and veggies.  Anyhow, all of the skin and pulp did make it thicker than just juice alone but it wasn't as thick as a smoothie.

***Remember to wash all fruits and veggies really good before using them.  Since we are dealing with all raw ingredients we want to make sure we are washing all of the possible chemicals off if you haven't bought all organic. (Even if it says pre-washed I would wash it still.  I've read that celery is one of the veggies that has the highest levels of chemicals/pesticides.)

Ingredients:
1/2 Carrot
1/2 Celery Stalk
1/4 Cucumber
1 Green Apple
1/2 cup of Pineapple
A few pinches of Parsley
1/2 stalk of Kale
1 TBS of fresh Ginger (I just cut a chunk that looks about the size of 1 TBS)
*A couple of cubes of ice if you want or you can pour it over ice to chill it a bit.

***You can add lemon to take the edge off of the bitterness from the green veggies. (If the person you are making this for has sores in their mouth from radiation we learned the hard way to stay away from the lemon or anything citrus.)

Directions:  Put all of the ingredients in the blender or juicer and blend.

I would say enjoy but it's not super enjoyable but you can rest assure you're getting a nutrient packed drink!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment