Saturday, March 30, 2013

Roasted Veggie Soup...mutated! Yum!!!

    So, week 4 is down, only 2 more weeks to go!  Yay!  Getting food down is much more of a task these days, even his favorite, chicken noodle soup is not so easy.  Here is a recipe for Roasted Veggie Soup I made and it was delicious!!!  I must have eaten 4 bowls of it throughout the afternoon.  So good for you and soooo good!


  • I would like to add before I go on any further that I am terrible with actual measurements.  When I cook I just wing it so I'm not exact.  You should know how much to use depending on how many people you are cooking for.  I will usually put what I made and I'll make sure I start telling how many people it will serve at the bottom.  I'm NO chef (even though I'd like to think of myself as "One good chef" I'm no where near, therefore, my directions, I'm sure, are horrible.  If you can cook I figure you get the idea....Just wanted to clarify that so that you don't blame me for a recipe that turned out terrible! :)  Now...Happy Cooking!
Ingredients:
Carrots (1-2 cups of baby carrots or 2-3 carrots chopped 1-2 inch cubes)
1  Yellow Squash (1-2 inch cubes)
1/2 Butternut Squash (Cubed)
1 Zucchini (Cubed)
1 Sweet Potatoe (Cubed)
1/2 - 1 Sweet Onion Sliced
Dill Weed (Few pinches or however much you desire)  I used 2 little twigs.
Olive Oil (1 TBS)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Can of Cream of Onion
1 Can of Cream of Asparagus
1 Box of Beef Stock
1/2 Box of Chicken Stock
1/2 Can of  Veggie Stock

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 425
  2. Chop all veggies and toss them into a bowl with the olive oil and salt/pepper and toss to coat. 
  3. Spread them out on a baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes or longer until soft and a little roasted.  (You don't want to burn or char them...Turn your oven down to 400 if it's just too hot and they are getting black before they get soft.  Depends on how big you chopped them, too.)
  4. Warm broth in pot while veggies are roasting.  (Don't turn the heat to high...you don't want the broth to turn to condensation.
  5. When veggies are done put them into the blender/food processor half way filled with broth and blend it to a soup conisitency.
  6. Add the mixture to the rest of the stock in a pot and then mix the other cans of cream soups and all of the broth...stir and cook until you are ready to eat it.
  7. Adding salt/pepper and any other spices you like while warming.
***If you would like it a little creamer you could always add in heavy whipping cream.  I would do about 1/2 cup depending on how much soup your making.

This recipe makes about 8 servings.



No comments:

Post a Comment