Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spinach Parmesean Pasta Shells...mutated


Spinach Parmesean Pasta Shells
This was a little tough for him to eat.  He suggested I use angel
hair pasta next time but I'm not sure that will work, either.
 
Ingredients: 
Lean Ground Meat
Pasta Shells (Or your favorite pasta)...I thought the small shells would be softer when cooked.
Spinach Parmesean Pasta Sauce (This came from Target but you can choose any sauce you like.)
1/3 Chopped Onion (very small)
Peas (canned or frozen)  I used 1/2 of a can of Baby Lesueur Peas. (They were left overs.)
1/3 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
1 TBS of Butter
Olive Oil
Any cheese of your choice. (I used Smoke Gouda.)

Directions:
Cook meat in a skillet with onion.
While that's cooking cook the pasta. (Add a dash of olive oil and salt to the water.)  You may want to cook past a few minutes longer to make it softer than al dente.
When that's all cooked mix it together in a pot with the butter, then peas, past sauce, shredded or chopped cheese and heavy whipping cream.  (You can omit the cream is it's creamy enough.)  Heat until it hot enough and enjoy! 

***Note*** I usually use left overs and puree them, chop them, saute them or do whatever I can to add them to whatever it is I'm cooking the next day or night so they don't go to waste. You would be surprised at how you can use everything. Try it! It usually adds great flavor and is a good way to add extra nutrients if it's veggies.

  • If you are cooking for a cancer patient who's throat is sore from treatments this may not be soft enough unless it's in the begining of the treatment.  My husband is in his 3rd week and he struggled to eat this.

No comments:

Post a Comment